Anthony Trueman & Co Ltd is a family business with over 30 years’ experience.
We offer a wide range of financial services, including independent advice on savings, pensions, mortgages, equity release and insurance.
Many of our clients and their families have been with us for years, trusting us to advise them on their most important financial decisions. Over the years our client base has grown steadily – mainly due to referrals from happy clients. We now have clients right across the UK, as well as in our home territory of Plymouth and South Devon.
Why do clients recommend us? It’s because we get to know each client personally. We listen carefully to their needs, help them find the right answers, and always keep them fully informed.
We are happy to visit you in your own home for a financial consultation – or you’re very welcome to come to our offices near Yelverton, Devon.
Our standards of service
We recognise how important it is to look after your best interests, and treat you fairly in all our dealings with you.
To assure you that we are committed the highest possible standards of service, we are pleased to support the Financial Conduct Authority initiative ‘Treating Customers Fairly’ (‘TCF’). This means:
- customers can be confident that they are dealing with a firm where the fair treatment of customers is embedded in its culture;
- products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of our customers;
- customers are provided with information, and are appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale;
- customers are provided with products which perform as firms have led them to expect; and the associated service is of an acceptable standard, and as they have been led to expect;
- customers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, make a claim, or make a complaint.
Our commitment to you
At all times, we will:
- provide you with clear information about the products and service we offer, including fees and charges;
- ascertain your individual needs, preferences and circumstances before recommending a financial product (eg, a mortgage);
- only recommend a financial product that we consider suitable for you and that you can afford – and always the most suitable from the available options;
- not recommend a financial product if we can’t find one we consider suitable;
- encourage you to ask if there is something you do not understand;
- give you access to a formal complaints procedure should you become unhappy with our service.
How you can help us
To help us give you the most appropriate advice, we ask you to:
- tell us as much as possible about your income and outgoings, to enable us to properly assess how much you can afford;
- let us know about changes that might affect your ability to repay a mortgage;
- let us know if there is any aspect of our service, or of a product we have discussed or recommended, that you do not understand;
- tell us if you think there are ways we can improve our service.